Friday, September 12, 2008

I heard Ra Ra in the mall

Photo by Andrew Maury - on tour with Ra Ra Riot
Read about his travels



Yesterday I heard Ra Ra Riot for the first time in a store in the mall – Juicy to be exact, don't ask. And then a second time and third in Urban Outfitters. The first time I was just in shock and stopped the girl who was trying to ask if I needed any help finding a way-overpriced piece of clothing. I got a little emotional because the song of choice was "Ghost Under Rocks" and it made me think of John.

When I was in Urban, I happened to be on the phone with my best girl from SU that I miss terribly and I think I flipped out upon hearing it a second time and almost fell on the floor. The girl in the dressing room informed me that they get new albums in and just play the whole CD, which explains why a few minutes later yet another one of their songs came on...followed by two songs by a band called Illinois who live down the street from me. I ran into one of the guys in the Superfresh near my house a few weeks ago. They're apparently opening for The Kooks this Sunday in town.

My first site that I designed (that wasn't for myself) got put up yesterday. It's for a venue that's opening up in Syracuse super soon on Westcott Street. It's not fully developed, but you can see what it looks like here.

The weather is officially fall. I'm going to spend the weekend in town. I'm going to wear boots. This is my element.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home